This feature allows you to configure automatic email response messages. This is useful, for example, when the recipient is unavailable.
To view the autoresponders for a specific domain on your account, select that domain from the Managing menu on the top right side of the Autoresponders interface. A list of that domain’s autoresponders will appear.
To find an autoresponder’s specific email address, enter a keyword in the Search text box and click Go.
Add an autoresponder
To add an autoresponder, perform the following steps:
Click Add Autoresponder. A new interface will appear.
Select a character set from the Character Set menu.
utf-8. For more information, read our Guide to Locales - Why You Should Use UTF-8 documentation.
3. Enter the interval, in hours, for the autoresponder to wait between responses to the same email address.
- For example, an autoresponder with an interval of 24 that receives an email at 8:00 AM on Monday immediately responds to the message. The autoresponder does not respond again if it receives a message from the same email address before 8:00 AM on Tuesday.
4. In the Email text box, enter the email address for which to respond.
5. In the From text box, enter the username to appear in the response.
6. In the Subject text box, enter the subject to appear in the response.
7. If the response message includes HTML tags, select the HTML checkbox.
8. In the Body text box, enter the text of the response, for example:
I am out of the office until July 2nd. You can reach me on my cell phone in case of emergencies.
%email%tags in the body of the message to represent information, such as the incoming email’s sender or subject. Tags use percentage signs (
%) as markers.
9. Select a start time. You can choose Immediately or Custom.
- The system bases the time on the user’s workstation operating system time and translates it into Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
- This feature uses 12-hour notation and reformats times in 24-hour notation. For example, if you select
18:30as the start time, the system automatically reformats the time as
10. Select a stop time later than the given start time. You can choose Never or Custom.
11. Click Create.
Add an autoresponder in Webmail
You can add an autoresponder for your email account in Webmail. To do this, perform the following steps:
Log in to your Webmail interface at
example.comrepresents your email address’s domain.
From the email address menu at the top right corner of the interface, select Autoresponders. The Autoresponders interface will appear.
Follow the directions in the add an autoresponder section to add the autoresponder.
All email messages to your email account will receive this autoresponse until you remove it.
Edit an autoresponder
To edit an autoresponder, perform the following steps:
Locate the autoresponder that you want to edit in the Current Autoresponders table and click Edit. A new interface will appear.
Edit the autoresponder’s information.
Remove an autoresponder
To delete an autoresponder, perform the following steps:
Locate the autoresponder that you want to delete in the Current Autoresponders table and click Delete. A confirmation message will appear.
Click Delete Autoresponder.