- This feature only appears if your hosting provider’s server profile enables it.
- To use this feature, your system administrator or hosting provider must enable account backups and other configurations in WHM’s Backup Configuration interface (WHM >> Home >> Backup >> Backup Configuration).
The File and Directory Restoration interface allows you to restore items from local backup sources. You can enter a path or browse through files and directories to access backups.
The File and Directory Restoration interface
This interface contains two sections, Files and Directories and Backups. The Files and Directories section shows the files and directories that contain backups. The backups will appear in the Backups section.
You can access backups from this interface in two ways. You can enter a direct path to the file or directory, or you can browse through files and directories to find the file that you wish to restore.
Enter a direct path to restore a file or directory
You can restore a file or directory from a direct path through your cPanel account’s home directory. To do so, perform the following steps:
- In the Files and Directories section, select Enter a path.
- Enter the direct path to the file or directory in the text box. The text box’s path is the cPanel account user’s home directory path. For example, enter
public_htmlin the text box for the direct path to the
/home/user/public_htmldirectory. In this directory path,
userrepresents the cPanel account’s username.
- Click Show Backups to list the backups for that file or directory. The backups will appear in the Backups section of the interface.
- In the Backups section, choose the backup that you wish to restore and click Restore.
- The system will ask you to confirm the restoration. Click Restore to confirm. A success or failure message will appear.